Wooden appearance fonts
Dwain Stone
2005-03-21 18:08:53 UTC
I am looking for fonts that appear to be made of wood. Have seen some in
the past but cannot remember where they were. Anyone got an idea where I
might look?
Character
2005-03-21 18:21:14 UTC
Post by Dwain Stone
I am looking for fonts that appear to be made of wood. Have seen some in
the past but cannot remember where they were. Anyone got an idea where I
might look?
Here's a list. Most are free, some are commercial.
These are all "raw" wood. There are other fonts that might look like
carved letters, etc.

Googling for
wood fonts
will get to many of these. Google for the individual names along with
the word "font" will find more.

AlphaWood
Bamboo
boards
Bois Regular
Burnstown Dam
Burris
Castaway
DeepWoodsInitials
DJ Scrap Wood
dl.php
Doodle Wood
DriftType
firewood
FKAFont
Framed
JI Picket Fence
LC Fence
LogCabin
LogFont
Logger
logs
LOT Woodgrain
Orinoco
OutHouseDisplayCaps
Plank-Extended
Planks
Scrap Wood
SketchBoards
Weathered BRK
Westwood
Wood 2
Wood Shapes
wood sticks
woodplank
Wreckage

Bamboo Fonts

AlphaSurvivor
Bamboo Caps
Bamboo
Bamboo2
Castaway Bamboo
Castaway.bak
Castaway.vfb
CastawayNew
CK Bamboo
TikiPalms

Fonts that look like logs or branches

AlphaTrees
BlackSplinters
Burnstown Dam
LogCabin
LogFont
Logger
Orinoco
Pinewood
Rustic
SketchLogs
SplinteredDual
Splinters JL
SplintersBlack
wood sticks
woodbadge

- Character
Suzanne S. Barnhill
2005-03-22 00:03:54 UTC
Dang! That's a good list!
--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
- Character
Suzanne S. Barnhill
2005-03-21 18:33:01 UTC
I didn't turn up a wood-look font right away, but see
http://desktoppub.about.com/od/freeclipart/ss/alphabets_5.htm for wooden
alphabet clip art. The problem with searching is that you get a lot of hits
for baptismal fonts and wood type.

Another possibility (for a small amount of text) would be WordArt with a
woodgrain fill. Ah, wait, "woodgrain" is the magic search term! Try Googling
for "woodgrain fonts." First hit is
http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=669, which looks more
like a zebra to me, and every other hit on the first page is for the same
font. Darn! But Google asks me if I'd rather try "wood grain fonts," and
that expands the selection a bit, adding
http://www.typodermic.com/fonts/15.html (still not very convincing).